Thursday, April 05, 2007

Marathon training diary no8: injury update

Today is April 5th and I have just 10 days to go before Paris Marathon. I haven't run for almost a week because of the pain in my ankle. The osteopath was inconclusive in her diagnosis. She is pretty sure that I don't have any tendon damage (which is good) but she fears that I may have a stress fracture at the very bottom of my tibia.

She mentioned something about 12 weeks of inaction and rehab and made lemon faces at me when I mentioned the marathon. However, she also said "I'm willing to be proved wrong". This being the case I will be travelling to France and registering as arranged. If I feel OK on the day I'll do it. If not I'll do something else.

In the mean time I am resting, icing, compressing and elevating for England. I also have a stash of 400mg Ibuprofen to get me through.

Frankly I have blown any chance of a good time but (if I can make the start line) a PB is still on the cards.

Gary Nelmes

No comments: