Tuesday, November 13, 2007

OU Tour and Touch Rugby

It is shaping up to being a slightly mental sporting week. My weekday lunchtimes include a five miler, a Five km, a seven miler and a touch rugby game - Thursday lunchtime I have to myself.

The five mile run on Monday was horrible. I was not in the mood at all and I ran a "like so immature" race. I ran the first mile too fast, the next three I went backwards slowly and the final mile I got into some kind of rhythm. Oddly Julia tells me that it was a PB (at least in OU competition) and I now lead the 'most improved' table for the OU Tour.

The touch rugby was a more dignified disaster with our team The Knock Ons being defeated by a 'golden try' in extra time. Here is Mark's write up...

Today saw a hard fought war of attrition between two evenly matched teams for the honour of claiming the 'bronze medal' in the OU touch rugby tournament. The Hookers and the Knock-Ons game was scoreless after 16 minutes of high quality rugby-football in challenging conditions.

The deadlock at the final whistle lead to an unprecedented golden try play-off. Eventually the Hookers penetrated the as yet impregnable Knock-Ons defensive lines to surge over for the decisive score.

No comments: