Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life laundry and bike stains

There is a bit in Three Men in a Boat where J implores us to ‘Throw the lumber over, man! Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need.’ I’ve been trying to do that a little recently. I have given away some books to work colleagues, some chairs to Nina and some bike parts to Julia. I’ve also been furiously recycling and disposing of worn out clothes.

As you will have noticed my Achilles heel is currently bike paraphernalia. I have three bikes of my own and sit-up-and-beg bike of Julia’s cluttering up my house. I have to admit that one thoroughbred racing bike and a quirky cool hack bike would probably be sufficient. Must… keep… that… in… mind.

My general fitness is coming along slowly but surely. I have now done two 14mile sprints to Stewkley and back on the Bianchi. I seem to be stuck at 19.5mph however. I’d like to break 20mph average this year and maybe even push on a little from there. I managed a run of about 6 miles on Tuesday and a mile or so of jog/sprint on Wednesday. Sadly tennis didn’t happen today because of the rain so I ate chips instead. Oops.

No comments: