Monday, August 11, 2008

Amsterdam marathon preparation: part two

We have a little over two months to go to Amsterdam Marathon. My personal training has been fairly solid but not very dynamic. I have neither the flat speed nor the endurance I would like. I'm currently outside my half marathon, 10k and 5 mile PBs by a small but important margin.

With a reasonable base of fitness 'now' is the time to get serious. I have begun to address my dietary regime - reducing fats and increasing carbohydrate, protein and quality micro nutrients.

In training terms I intent to include one quality speed session (MMKAC interval session), one strength session (one minute hill intervals) and one long run (now over 13miles). I'm also trying to maintain my core strength and wellness by cross training (biking and tennis).

Rest is also important so typically I'd like to do:
Monday: Rest or Volleyball
Tuesday: MMKAC intervals
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Hill or interval session
Friday: Tennis
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Long run

No comments: