Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ambitions and vague ideas

I kept a written record (as I always do) of my holiday. I also found myself noting down all the things I'd like to do in the future. Many will never happen but I thought I would record them for future regret and self flagellation.

Home version of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue; L’Eroica cyclosportif in grand retro style in moustache (Chianti in Oct); Nelmes institute of Art (giant Pollocks); Nelmes institute of Science II; Play cricket (at least once); Go to regular MKAC sessions; Sub 1:35 half marathon (Spring); Sub 3:30 marathon (Autumn); Duathlon or triathlon (Autumn); Time trial (Summer); Humphrey Institute II; Play more music; Touch Rugby (point at football, bite my thumb at conkers and fondle rounders); Three Men in a Boat: this time it is opulent; Set up wire stave and play starlings; Twenty five go mad in Dorset; Make ginger beer; Establish exactly how to boil perfect eggs; Book - A World Without...;PhD (Thames or Transport); Move house; Read Ackroyd on Thames; Buy British umbrella; Get Dad on Internet; Weigh own head; Go on Meredith/Wodehouse motor weekend; Escape from the 21st century; Snorkeling in the Ouzel; Become an expert; Read about ants; Buy a new dictionary ; Buy the first dictionary; Take part in nature survey; Plant willow wands; Write a book on packing; Puncture fairy; Bruce chatwin; BTCV; Read Great Railway bazaar; Read Richard Burton’s Arabian Nights; Explore Pushkin; Learn cycling Italian; Listen to Steve Earle, the Goldberg variations; Write a group novel; Organise an Italian trip (Venice Piedmont, L’Eroica); Establish friendly/cooperative society; Learn blues guitar; Hold a Nelmes Olympiad; Sow Christ in grass seed; Establish the nature of my purpose.


Gary Nelmes

No comments: