Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Customer service

Emily's Dad is a big one for customer service and i always think of him when something goes wrong in the customer services department. Being a cyclist he would have hated my experience today. The tyre on the back of the Holdsworth comes loose from the rim and the tube explodes spectacularly when it is pumped up to the 6.5 Barr recommended on the tyre.

I took this in to Evans in Milton Keynes who offered to replace the rim with a modern one featuring the lip one gets on modern rims. Sadly they called me ten minutes later to tell me they couldn't get the Campag freewheel off because they (understandably) don't have the tool. They were pretty nice about it really.

The horror came at P&D cycles in Fenny Stratford. Having told him what was happening he looked me straight in the face and said "so what do you expect me to do about it"? I had been quite prepared to pay for a wheel rebuild, tube and tyre (and was very kindly disposed to small retailers) now i think the sooner people like that go out of business the better.

This is their address should you ever be looking for a bike shop not to go to:

P&D Cycles 35 Alyesbury StreetBletchley Milton KeynesMK2 2BQ01908 642203

No comments: