Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Reims Marathon training diary: part two

Week 3 was finished off with a 10 miler and a 16 miler. The latter was down the canal path from Brighouse to Sowerby Bridge and back and was very enjoyable. the only slightly disturbing thing was the lack of birds. Maybe all the wildfowl has migrated.

Week 4 signals the start of 'tapering' (although I hardly feel I can justify it). Again I took both Monday and Tuesday off but this Wednesday was a pretty fast 10 miler. Julia actually found it quite hard to keep up after her tough half at the weekend but still managed to out sprint me to road sign. Thursday was an easy 'watchless' 5 miler and the weekend saw me doing two race-pace solo efforts of 4 miles and 11 miles.

Just two weeks to go and I have a slightly painful foot. Grrrrr.

No comments: